UPnP/DLNA Renderer, Media Server, Control Point
Powered by Platinum UPnP SDK: http://plutinosoft.com/platinum
* Media Server:
- expose the foobar2000 Media Library, playlists and "what is currently playing" (still experimental)
- stream almost any audio format playable by foobar2000. That includes formats generally not supported by most standalone
Media Servers such as formats with CUE files, game music formats, audio files in archives, cd-audio, DTS, HDCD...
- stream album art
- powerful per device streaming options, to adapt audio format to the capabilities of the remote playing device.
Conversion to WAV or LPCM, transcoding to mp3, resampling, replaygain, bitdepth conversion, conversion to stereo, DSP chain,...
- customizable browse tree
- accessible from the Internet (only from foobar2000 or an iPhone/iTouch with PlugPlayer).
- works well when accessed from WMP12 (possibly also with WMP11, untested).
* Media Server Browser (UPnP Browser):
- browse remote Media Servers for local playback or remote playback to an UPnP Renderer on the network
- browse and play music via the Internet from another foo_upnp Media Server, with optional transcoding to mp3 to save bandwidth
- retrieve album art
* Control Point (UPnP Controller)
- control playback of UPnP Av Media Renderers (similar to Windows7 "Play to" feature)
- integration with the Media Server to serve locally managed audio
- specific support Linn Ds product: handle Playlist sources for on-device playlist management and other analog sources (volume control only)
Some use cases:
- Use the server to stream audio to a PS3, XBOX360 (using their interface), iPhone (PlugPlayer)
- Push audio from either your local foobar2000 Media Library or another UPnP Media Server to WMP12, an iPhone (PlugPlayer) or another foobar2000 instance on the network.
- Control foobar2000 playback from an iPhone, WMP12, or any other Control Point.
- Control a Linn Ds product including making playlists, switching sources, etc.
0.99.46, released on 2013-04-23